Golf Carts are now very common all around the world. The ease of usability and low cost has boosted its demand a lot. It has made its way out of the Golf course to the outside world. Nowadays these vehicles are very common in our neighborhood, shopping malls, recreation centers, resorts, etc. Club Car is well known and one of the top sellers of Golf Carts. It is known for their durability and performance.
Here are some tips that will help you in troubleshooting your Cart.
1. First of all ensure that the key of the vehicle is properly inserted and gear position is correct. They key should be in the on position and the gear should be in the neutral position. Certain model of carts requires the parking brake to be applied while starting the vehicle.
2. The batteries of the Golf Cart are normally placed under the seat. Make sure that you have all the necessary protective gear before attempting to troubleshoot the battery. Always wear protective gloves made of rubber and also safety goggles. Check whether the connections of the battery and its various terminals are secure. Use a wrench to tighten any loose connections.
3. Check whether the terminals of the battery are corroded. Due to the acidic nature of the battery, there are chances for it getting corroded. Remove the corroded particles from the terminal using a hard brush. Use any acid neutralizing solvent if necessary. Securely tighten the terminals connections after cleaning.
4. The water level in the battery is an important factor. The life and the performance of the battery depend upon the water level. Open the battery caps and make sure the battery plates are well immersed in the water. If you feel that the water level is too low, fill it with distilled water.
5. Finally check all the wires connecting the battery and the various electrical fittings inside and outside the Golf Cart. Any wrong or faulty connection can lead to major problems. Using a multimeter to check the connection continuity is a good method.
Leaving the lights and other battery powered features in the on state can lead to battery discharge. Fully draining of the battery is not good for its health.
Spitzer Products offers the best selection of Golf Carts. Read more on Electric Golf Carts as well as Push Golf Carts online from our website.
Find More Pro Golf News Articles